I dare so, I think I’ve out done myself.
Best. Muffins. Ever.
That’s right. I’m confident. And I’ll tell you why.
Oil. Butter. Flour. Sugar. No vegetable pulp. No nuts. No substituting agave. No applesauce.
So basically straight up heaven.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and oil. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour and the cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Bliss. Best muffins I have ever baked.
The secret to baking = the more unhealthy, the more delicious.
Filed under: Food Blogs